MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Leon's firefighting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Leon's firefighting

Post by Firefighter on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:51 pm

Some of you already know that I’m a firefighter. And in this topic I want to show you some reports of my/our doing as firefighters

At first something about me. I’m since one year a volunteer firefighter, we do exactly the same as “real” firefighters, the only difference – we don’t get paid for that work. Next year I start an apprenticeship as a motorcar mechanic. This is the condition to be a “real” and paid firefighter. My biggest dream is to join the FDNY (New Yorks fire department)

At 9/11 i was six years old. It wasn't like that that i saw it on TV and said immediately "I want to be a firefighter". That became some years later. But 9/11 was the trigger for my firefighter dream.

And yeah..if sometimes this happens again, i want to be there and help. That's why I'm a firefighter

If you have any questions about firefighting, ambulance service and so on, just ask me.

Thats is why i want to be a FDNY firefighter (or FF at all) - the 9/11.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leon's firefighting

Post by Firefighter on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Family house on Fire - two dead persons.
08/10/2012

Around 01:30 am our siren started. Two neighbor towns departments were already there. But they had no one for an "inside attack". So then we came. Even our dept. hasn't enough "self contained breathing apparatus" (SCBA) firefighters.Just me and one other guy (normal you need at least 4). The house was already in "full-flames". We had no choice - lets get in there. Without Water. We wanted water, but the dickheads from the other department were to silly to set up a hose for us. So we need to go in there. without any backup (with a hose you always see where the exit is). Yeah..what we found there wasnt that nice. A older couple were lying in their bed. dead. We need to get them out of here. 2 firefighters - 2 corpses. (now you know why at least 4 firefighters). We went on the corridor and that way we came in, we cant go out. the truss came down. We needed another way out. We found one, a big window on the backside. I destroyed it and we climbing through it. What an shitty emergency. that is the problem here. We are the only skilled department around here. the others are just wannabe firefighters. i hate it.

Car accident
08/10/2012

Later that day, we got a call for an Car accident. Happily no one gets injured and we just had to clear the street (some fuel leaked).

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil All Along on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:23 pm

leon you're my hero dude! wub

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/kate.mostowska

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefighter on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Fire in a Supermarket
08/12/2012 - 06:41 am

We were called for an Fire in a Supermarket. 4 Trucks on duty. We arrived at scene - no fire huh . It was a false-alarm.

Door opening - probably dead person behind it
08/12/2012 - 12:20 pm

We were called for an Door opening. Strange smell comes out of the apartment for weeks. It smelled so bad that we used our SCBA. A older woman (around 90 years) was lying dead on the corridor for weeks.

Last edited by Firefighter on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil All Along on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:50 pm

awww that's so sad...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefighter on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:01 pm

laugh what a day.

08/27/2012 - 16:25:22 pm - Siren Alarm
4 sheep stuck in the river/mud

While i was eating the Siren started; on my bike and lets go. 2km to our fire-station in under 1 minute. I arrived and my group-leader told me "THR - 4 or more sheep in the Water". My first thought -> WTF ?! laugh. Anyways - Full-alarm - 3 Trucks and our boat to the emergency. We arrived at the scene - indeed 4 sheep stuck up to one's throat in the mud. 4 ladders down to the mud - one firefighter went down to the sheep, binds a cord of it, the guys from the boat helped to heave up the sheep. That 4 times - and all sheep were on the land again. That took us 1 1/2 hours. But now we had tide. So we don't get our boat back at land. Back to fire-station - cleaning the gear and waiting for the flow. After 2 1/2 hours our boat was back in the Station laugh

Tomorrow at 10am I'll be back at the Station - our Fire Engine is full of mud. So I and another guys will clean it.
Then the emergency is completed laugh

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil All Along on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:06 am

lol awesome one

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down